Complete Rules and Regulations
1. Eligibility: any citizen of any ADB member country*, who is between 18 to 30 years old and is interested in Youth Participation can join. Employees of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the competition or win awards.
2. Participants must produce and upload a video blog entry and fill out an online registration form. Registration forms must be submitted on or before 01 April 2014 (23:59hrs +8GMT) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The submitted entry must meet the requirements as they appear in the competition details.
4. The competition is specifically intended for new video blog entries only. Blog entries published prior to 01 March 2014 will not be accepted.
5. Entrants may submit only 1 entry.
6. The video blog entry must be no longer than 2 minutes in duration.
7. The stories can be provided in any language. However, entrants must provide an English translation at the bottom of their entries, in order to facilitate public outreach and the contest process.
8. Each video blog entry must be the entrant’s original work, in its entirety, and must not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any other third party, regardless of country of residence. It is the entrant’s responsibility to clear all aspects of copyright.
9. Entry must not contain content, material, or any element that violates all applicable country laws and regulations where video is created.
10. Entry must not contain content, material, or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo and trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity, or that is not within the spirit of the contest, as determined by ADB, in its sole discretion.
11. ADB reserves the right to disqualify from the competition any video blog entry which infringes the copyright or other intellectual property rights of third parties. ADB is not responsible or in any way liable for any violations of copyright or any other unauthorized use of images/graphics/video or other content of submitted entries.
12. Any video blog entry containing rude, unlawful, discriminatory or sexually explicit, libelous material will not be accepted. Any entry containing promotional material, endorsement or advertising will not be accepted.
13. The selection committee may choose not to award a prize if applications do not meet the minimum standards defined by the panel and the ADB.
14. The selection committee will be choosing 1 winner from any ADB member country, 1 winner from Asia, and 1 winner from Central Asia.
15. Decisions taken by the selection committee should be considered final and cannot be appealed.
16. Winners will be awarded transportation, accommodations, and conference fees.
17. Winning entries may be published on the ADB website: http://www.adb.org/. ADB reserves the right to publish all or any of the non-winning stories on the ADB website, other relevant websites and for non-profit use by the ADB and its not-for-profit partners. The publication may also included edited versions of the original pieces.
18. ADB will accept no liability if aspects of the competition or the competition itself is changed or cancelled.
19. By entering this contest, entrants give ADB the right to use, without restriction, any of the entries, in whole or part, and in any manner or medium, for promotional, in-house, publicity, and any other not-for-profit means. Entrants agree that a condition of entry into the competition is the assignment and transfer of these usage rights, including but not limited to the display, distribution, publishing, transmission, copy, reproduction, or production of derivative works.
20. By entering this contest, entrants agree to give ADB the right to use the entry and the copyright without any fee.
21. Entrants further agree that ADB may add its logo to their works.
22. Entrants do not waive their intellectual or moral property rights by entering the contest, and will therefore retain the right to be identified as the author/creator of their entries.
23. Winning or selected entries may be distributed regionally for publishing, if agreement is received from the entrant.
24. By joining the contest, participants signify that they are willing to acquire the necessary travel requirements in time for AYPF and ADB Annual Meeting.
25. By submitting your entry, you agree to all of the competitions rules and conditions.
*ADB member countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Canada, People’s Republic of China, Cook Islands, Denmark, Fiji Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, India, Germany, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, the Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Portugal, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taipei,China, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam